May 06 2012 // Home Insurance
Last year over 30,000 homes across Canada were affected by water damage, and the risk of it happening to you is on the rise – for a number of reasons:
- Changing weather patterns are causing more severe weather and as a result, more unwanted water is entering our homes.
- A growing population and aging infrastructure is sometimes too much for the sewer systems to handle, and water or sewer back ups are the result.
- The more water based appliances you use in your home like washers, dishwashers, humidifiers, etc., the greater the chance that leaks will occur.
Protect your home and your property before it happens to you – water can destroy irreplaceable items, cause structural damage to your home, and produce mold and mildew that can create potential health risks.
Below is a brochure that lists things you can do inside and outside your home to protect it from water damage. Prevention is key to keeping your home safe and dry.
If you would like to review your insurance policies please contact the Neziol Insurance branch closest you.
Latest Blog Posts
- Five most frequently asked questions about a homeowner’s policy.
- Who is at fault in a parking lot accident?
- Hotel safes… are they really safe?
- Involved in a car accident? What do you do?
- Neziol Insurance Group acquires Wong Insurance
- Should I file a claim or pay for it myself?
- Did You Know Your Home Has Three Different Values?
- Licence Sticker Renewal
- Tailgate theft is on the rise
- Auto theft protection tips